Are you noticing flickering LED lights in your house? It can be annoying and distracting. Flashing of dimmable LEDs is also extremely inconvenient. Moreover, these kinds of electrical issues put your property, family, and home in danger.
You are probably wondering why my LED lights are flickering and how I can fix them! Well, don’t worry. This blog post is here for you! It explores why LED lights are flashing in your house and how you can fix them!
5 Most Common Causes of Flickering LED lights in Your House
Blinking LED lights is a common problem, and it can be challenging to pinpoint the exact cause. But some common culprits could be to blame. They are:-
- Loose Bulb or Corroded Socket: If the bulb is loose, then it can cause the light to flicker. Check the socket to make sure the bulb is secure. If the socket is corroded or loose, it can also be responsible for blinking. You will need to replace the socket or bulb to fix the issue.
- Sloppy Wiring: If the wiring behind the wall is loose or damaged, then it can cause the LED to flicker. This can be dangerous, as loose wires can spark and cause a fire. You will need an electrician to fix any loose or damaged wiring.
- Dimmer Switches: Dimmer switches can cause the flashing of dimmable LED, especially if they are not compatible with dimmable LED bulbs. Ensure your dimmer control is compatible with the LED bulbs you use.
- Problem With Current Supply: Checking the current is critical, especially if you face the problem of dimmable LED flashing in your house. Improper flow of current and its overloading due to several lights and devices can also cause flashing LED lights.
- Wrong Bulb: Finally, the type of bulb you are using can also cause flickering LED lights. Some LED bulbs are not designed to be used with dimmers and can cause flashing. So be sure to check that your bulb is compatible with the dimmer switch.
6 Effective Tips to Resolve the Problem of Flickering LED lights
The flashing of dimmable LEDs can be incredibly annoying and often a sign of an underlying electrical issue. Fortunately, there are a few ways you can resolve this problem. Here are 6 effective tips to help you solve the blinking LED light issue:
- Fix Loose Bulbs: The first step is to check if any of your LED bulbs are loose. If your LED light is blinking intermittently, chances are it’s because one or more of the bulbs are not securely connected. Make sure to tighten them up and see if the issue is resolved.
- Replace Outdated or Unsuitable Switches: If the bulbs are securely connected, but the LED light is still blinking, you may need to replace the switch. Make sure to get the right switch for the LED lights, and then see if the problem is resolved.
- Get New Dimmable LED Lamps: If your dimmable LEDs are flashing, it may be caused by an incompatible dimmer switch. Look for dimmable LED lamps that are compatible with your dimmer control.
- Understand the Connection Between Controls & Lamps: Sometimes, the connection between the controls and lamps can cause the LED lights to blink. Ensure your controls and lamps are properly connected, and then see if the blinking stops.
- Buy a Reliable and Tried-and-true Product: If you want LED lights, make sure you buy a reliable and tried-and-true product. This can help you avoid the issue of blinking LED lights in the first place.
- Consult a Professional: If all else fails, you may want to consult a professional. A professional electrician can help identify the problem and provide you with the best solution.
Why is it Crucial to Fix a Flickering LED Light?
Blinking LED lights could indicate an underlying problem that needs to be addressed immediately, such as a power surge, loose connections in the wiring system, or defective batteries.
These issues must be taken care of immediately before they become more severe and costly. Flashing of LED lights can trigger certain health issues as well, such as seizures, eye strain, and headaches. They also ruin the look of your house. Moreover, they can be a hurdle if you want to sell your home.
Thus, there’s no reason for you to delay fixing the flashing of LED lights. On the contrary, you should get them in order as soon as possible. Also, getting a professional’s help and replacing your faulty electric products with quality products is highly recommended.
D&F Liquidators has been serving the electrical construction materials needs for more than 30 years. It is an international clearinghouse, with 180,000 square facility located in Hayward, California. It keeps an extensive inventory of electrical connectors, conduit fitting, circuit breakers, junction boxes, wire cable, safety switches etc. It procures its electrical materials supplies from top-notch companies across the globe. The Company also keeps an extensive inventory of electrical explosion proof products and modern electrical lighting solutions. As it buys materials in bulk, D&F is in a unique position to offer a competitive pricing structure. Besides, it is able to meet the most discerning demands and ship material on the same day.